Here’s a a list of bridesmaid duties to help you remember some key to-do’s and to be the best help to your bride.
HELP THE BRIDE AND GROOM WITH THE WEDDING DIY ITEMS
- Arrange bridal party workshops to help the bridal couple make the DIY items such as favours, invitations, etc.
- Offer your help to the bride with sourcing items and being available for online deliveries
BUY BRIDESMAID DRESS AND ACCESSORIES
- Finalise the colour scheme and dress design with the bride.
- Ensure the bride is included in the fittings and final dress alterations
- Purchase bridesmaid dress and all accessories including shoes and jewelry.
PLAN AND COHOST PRE-WEDDING PARTIES
- Work with the other bridesmaids to help plan, host and pay for the bachelorette party and bridal shower.
ATTEND THE CEREMONY REHEARSAL
- Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Help with the flower girls and any little ones in the bridal party
PURCHASE A WEDDING GIFT
- Talk to the other bridesmaids about pitching in for a joint wedding gift. Budget around R500 to R800 for a memorable item such as perfume, bracelet, photo frame, etc.
ARRANGE TO TAKE LEAVE A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY
- Confirm with the bride any duties you need to do before the wedding day
- Take one or two days leave
- Let the bride know your leave schedule and what you have planned for that day
PREPARE AN EMERGENCY BRIDE KIT
- Pack an emergency kit for the bride and bridal party to ensure so that nothing ruins the day.
- Pack things like:
- first aid items such as headache tablets, plasters, etc
- beauty items such as lipgloss, hairpins, perfume, etc
- food and drink such as water, mints, banana (taking photos takes a lot of energy)
- any items you know the bride loves
RUN LAST MINUTE ERRANDS AND PLANNING
- Help with any last-minute errands, especially on the day of the wedding.
- Help the bride plan a schedule for the wedding day and ensure the bridal party such as groomsmen and flower girls know the schedule of the day
HOSTING DUTIES AT THE CEREMONY
- You will be with the bride but to help the bride make her entrance special, check in with the groomsmen that they will ensure the ceremony leaflets and confetti has been handed to guests, that ushers have been arranged, etc
- Have checklist for the groomsmen to keep an eye out on the ceremony. The groom will be very nervous waiting for his bride!
HOSTING DUTIES AT THE RECEPTION
- Help with hosting duties at the wedding reception by introducing guests, helping with the seating plan, helping the bride with any special activities she has planned, and inviting them to sign the guest book.
Surprise the bride and groom with a romantic turndown in their room
- Arrange a romantic turndown for the couple with rose petals, bubbly, chocolates, some snacks and personal touches of the day
What is other duties have you added to your list?